9225 Ulmerton Road Ste 310 Largo, FL 33771     Phone: (727) 210-0980    Fax: (727) 210-0747

Frequently Asked Questions


WHY?  Florida Law requires the state minimums for any person to drive a vehicle legally. 

WHO? In Florida, any driver of the age 16 and older requires to be on an insurance policy. Drivers in Florida can have an individual policy, or everyone in the same household who is 16 years or older, must be listed on the insurance as included or excluded drivers.

WHAT? The state minimums in Florida are PIP/PD also known as Personal Injury Protection / Property damage. There are many additional choices for auto insurance coverage:

     Bodily Injury / Property Damage 10,000 / 20,000 / 10,0000 through 250,000 / $500,000 / $250,000

     Uninsured Motorist $10,000 / $20,000 or more

     Compensation / Collission deductible starting at $250 - $2000

     Additional : Tow / Rental Vehicle / Medical Payment

WHEN? When a Florida Driver operates a vehicle.

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season: 

  • Hurricane Season is June1st thru November 30th 2020.

  • How to Prepare for Hurricane Season - Click HERE

Who can I contact as a first time home buyer?

  • Make sure you have the basic contacts. Please keep in mind that you can get insurance quotes at the beginning of the process. We suggest this so you are more aware of how much you can expect the cost of the insurance annual premium.  

  • Insurance agent, mortgage broker, title company, realtor.

Is flood insurance and home owners insurance on the same policy?

  • No, there is a misconception that the homeowner will be covered for flood insurance through a homeowners insurance policy. Flood Insurance is through FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). Carriers provide coverage through the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) that is funded by FEMA. Premiums paid plus the deductible paid will help cover the cost of flood claims.

An additional insured wants to be on the commercial policy, what should I expect?

  • Some carriers require an additional payment for an additional insured. An endorsement can be added to the policy; please provide the name, address and e-mail address to send the updated certificate.

What is the coverage of BI/PD in auto insurance?

  • According to Bristol West insurance carrier, BI/PD stands for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. This covers your legal liability for a covered accident that involves injury to another person or damage to someone’s property, up to the limit of liability you select.

What are the state minimums for Florida auto insurance?

  • PIP/PD or Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage

What is full coverage required by a lienholder on a vehicle?

  • Full coverage is at least Bodily Injury/Property Damage, PIP, and compensation, collision coverage. Some companies have a minium or a maximum deductible, so be sure to ask what these specific requirements are to qualify for the loan.

"I just got into a car accident, what is the next step?"

  • Remember to take photos, call the police for a policy report, obtain the insurance information of the affective drivers, call the claims department of your insurance policy.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.47.01 AM Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.47.34 AM